Online Bingo Chat
- Do you play Chat Games?
- When do you play Chat Games?
- How do I ‘chat’ whilst playing bingo?
- WTG!, WD, IMHO, LMAO… Help, I’ve no idea what people are talking about.
- Can I chat privately with one other player?
- Can I ignore another player's chat?
- I won a chat game but the Chat Host ignored my claim and gave the prize to someone else.
- No one can see what I type in chat.
- I have been muted in the chat room by a Chat Host.
Yes we do. We play lots of fun chat games with CM Charlie, CM Bunnie, WayneH and our Chat Host team. Full details can be found on our chat games page.
Full details of our chat games times and Chat Host sessions can be found on our chat games page.
When the game screen launches you will see a chat box on the right hand side of the screen. At the base of the chat box you will see a narrow box. This is where you type your chat. To chat, click once in that area until you see a blinking cursor, type your message and then press the 'Enter' key on your keyboard. Your chat will then appear in the chat box for all the rest of the players playing bingo to see. Don't worry about spelling, most bingo players are fluent in "typonese" ;-)
Don’t worry, no your computer’s not broken and we’re not all talking a different language. When chatting, players like to abbreviate to save time. In order to help you we have produced a list of such bingolingo click here to view our "Chat Dictionary".
Yes you can. To send a private message to one player, place asterisks before and after their name, and then type your message and press 'Enter'. Only your intended recipient will see your message (even though it appears on your screen). For example: *Jane* Hi, this is a private message.
Yes you can. All you have to do is click on the player's name in the 'players online' box. The word 'ignore' will appear after the player's name. Any lines of chat from ignored players will not be visible to you in the chat screen. To remove an 'ignore' click on the player's name again.
Different people's computers will show the order in the chat window differently. This is due to varying internet connection speeds and computer 'lag'. In addition, a person's own computer will always show their own chat room comment quicker than some others due to the fact that the input doesn't have as 'far' to travel.
It may well have been that on your PC your chat appeared before someone else's. However, all Chat Hosts continually state that what the Chat Hosts see on their screen is considered the 'final answer'. Taking all other factors into consideration this is the only way we can manage such games.
If other players cannot see what you are typing it could be caused by one of three reasons:
- The other players may have clicked on the 'ignore you' button.
- Our spam filter has detected banned words in your sentence and blocked the whole sentence from public view.
- You may have been muted by a Chat Host for breaching terms and conditions.
In all these circumstances you will be able to see your chat on the screen, but the other players will not. If you have been muted by a Chat Host see below.
Our Chat Hosts have the authority to mute players who breach any of the following terms and conditions:
- Spamming / Solicitation in Chat. This includes repetition of the same message or broadcasting of advertisements.
- Offensive Behaviour / Language in Chat.
- Abuse / Harassment of staff or other players.
If muted by a Chat Host none of the other players will be able to see what you post in the chat window. However, you will still be able to play the game.
You should have had three warnings from the Chat Host before being muted. If you believe you have been muted unfairly or without notice, or wish to appeal against your muting email details of the date, time and room you were in when muted to firstname.lastname@example.org